Thursday, February 6, 2014

Fire tending February 6, 2014

Here I am again, 2 am this time.  I am tending the fire tonight, low of 4 or so.  It is cold out, Shasta is in the laundry room.  Shasta and Roger are both sleeping.  I have Turner Classic Movies on the TV, love old movies.  Tho I don't pay much attention to the TV.  It is quiet in the house.  It is good.  Have cleaned up most of the kitchen with Caldera- lemon, sea salt, neroli cleaner.  It is good.  It smells wonderful.  I love cleaning without interruptions.  Although, I do have to keep it quiet, so as not to wake either of the sleeping giants (Roger and Shasta in case you did not catch that.)   Lot of thoughts go through my mind, but alas, when I finally get to put words down, they allude me.  If you have not tried Caldera cleaning products, you should.  They are VERY expensive, but I found some at Dollar Saver in Rogers, at 1/2 cost and another 20% off some time ago.  $8 for a quart of concentrate.  Makes about 64 gallons, lasts a long while.  Good stuff.
Roger is starting to have problems breathing again.  Gets out of breath easily, tried to load the wood in our indoor cart and had to take a break getting it loaded.  Feels bad about me having to do so much around the house.  He does not like being dependent on anyone much less being dependent on a woman.  He has not had a cigarette since the hospital stay in December.  He is using his e-cigarette tho comments about how he would like a Salem cigarette.  The statement from the doctor about drowning in his own juices, really made an impact on Roger.  He is good about taking his breathing treatments and I try to keep tabs on his meds, between the two of us, he rarely misses any doses of all the things he is taking.  He is a good example of staying alive with modern medicine.  Each time he has had prostate cancer issues, there is a new treatment to try and there are more in the works.  The prostate cancer is the least of his problems now.  It is what it is.
Don't know what tomorrow will bring, just day to day matters.
God's grace is with us.
Love to all.

No comments:

Post a Comment