Saturday, October 26, 2013

Friday October 25,2013

Friday-appointment with oncologist
discussed bloating in abdomen, doc looks at scan, Roger might
and be a bit blocked
Roger will be taking 10 doses of miralax each day for 3 days
that is 30 doses of Miralax.
Rest of news is great, PSA remains at 2.6 and cancer is stable.

Saturday-Day one of Bowel Performance
After the 5th dose today, Roger begins to complain.
I tell him, I could just give him a "bomb" and call it a day.
A "bomb" is 6 oz of prune juice, heated, and 2 tablespoons of Milk of Magnesia.
Roger says no, he loves me and he will behave.
He does not like the hot prune flavored chalk.
I feel like I have a new lease on life with this new threat.

Will update, I suppose I do not need to tell you where Roger is at this time.  It should be apparent.

Love to all!

Saturday, October 5, 2013

Saturday October 5, 2013

About 4 weeks ago, Roger was getting short of breath easily, just getting up to move to another room had him out of breath, and after only a small plate of food.  His abdomen looks like it will bust, whether you call it swollen or distended or what.  So, I call the oncologist to see if they have suggestions for what to do.  Mainly, whether I should schedule him to come in to the clinic earlier than his end of October scheduled visit, or check with his primary doctor, or perhaps the cardiologist.  Roger ended up at the cardiologist for a couple of different test, to check for heart problems that might be causing the problem.  Since we did not received any news after the 2nd test, and the NP said they would call if something showed up, we assume his heart is okay.  So I call back to the oncologist this week and they suggest coming in to see the NP there. and we do.  and they take blood and do the blood magic thing to see if any anomalies show up. and no. and Roger's CT scan is moved up to Friday 4th  (he was scheduled for his regular 3 month scan on the 26th).  and they take more blood on Friday, and do the IV for the scan.  (Roger feels like a pin cushion, and his arms look like years of shooting up drugs.)  at 11 am and we received a call back at 3 pm.  nothing new shows up, no fluid build up, no new lesions, suggestion that it is gas, but the oncologist will review the scan and we should get a call back.  So, we wait.  Have given and giving Roger natural remedies (charo tabs and pro-biotics) to try to help in case it is gas.