Sunday, April 22, 2012

April 22, 2012

Cloudy
The sky is grey and white and cloudy
Sometimes I think it's hanging down on me
And it's hitchhike a hundred miles
I'm a rag-a-muffin child
Pointed finger painted smile
I left my shadow waiting down the road for me a while.

And so it is or seems to be going home is getting closer.
Urologist is taking out the foley catheter today, says the urine flow looks much better, few clots.  Praying for urine stream, praying for pee pee. :)
The stent (the double J-internal stent from the right kidney to bladder) seems to be working since yesterday's cystoscopy.  Doctor's comments: never seen such tenacious and numerous clots in bladder.  Doctor irrigated the catheter this morning and looked good, still a few clots but small and flow still Cherry Limeade.
As the stent appears to be working, the possibility exists that the external nephrostomy line and bag will be removed tomorrow.
Maybe I will be catching up with my shadow tomorrow.

Cloudy
my thoughts are scattered and they're cloudy
They have no borders no boundaries
They echo and they swell
from Tolstoy to Tinkerbell
Down from Berkeley to Carmel
Got some pictures in my pocket and a lot of time to kill.

Have tried to keep everyone updated, but sometimes its a struggle just to keep up with everything that is and has gone on the last week.  So most of my updates seem, yes, scattered and cloudy. Things have changed so quickly, yes, you might be going home tomorrow, no not today, yes soon, no sorry.  So it has been hard to keep up with the unexpected (or maybe they were expected but we were unaware of the complicated that might arise) and I have no recollection of who has or has not been updated and what I told this person or that person.  I am tired of calling, answering calls, texting (especially) but trying to maintain a pleasant demeanor, when those incidents occur.  And as crazy as things have been the last couple of weeks, I, too feel a bit crazed and exhausted.  And if there is a sense of urgency in my voice or texts, it's all because I have no idea what is happening next and little recall of what has gone on.

Hey, sunshine
I haven't seen you in a long time
Why don't you show your face and bend my mind
These clouds stick to the sky
Like  floating questions, Why?
and they linger there to die
They don't know where they're going and, my friend, neither do I

It looks like sunshine is on the way.  Transfusion is finished, Roger started getting the hives with the 1st of 2 bags of plasma, so they stopped the plasma, flushed with saline, gave him some benedryl and started the whole blood, and got Roger some much needed blood.  Catheter is coming out and nephrostomy bag is coming out...maybe.  Not sure where we're going or when, but know we will be here or there or somewhere in between...
Love to all,

Pat and Roger

Cloudy,
Cloudy.

Lyrics from Simon and Garfunkel's  "Cloudy"  you can find performances on youtube, it is a beautiful song...

No comments:

Post a Comment