Wednesday, May 9, 2012

updates

Follow-up at Urologist today, the follow-up from the 11 days in the hospital.  Urologist strongly suggested seeing the oncologist as soon as possible.  I explain to doctor that if I call the oncologist office they will tell me: we have an appointment in July and we will not hear back.  The doctor then says he will personally call and make sure we get in sooner.  Lo and behold three hours later Roger receives a call from oncologist to be at the clinic for a CT/Pet scan Friday morning.  
The follow-up therefore, and hither to, was good in part.  Roger has no blood in urine, none visible and none microscopically.  Still has pain at end of urination from stent, that is normal.  But doc did not know of a reason for his morning nausea.  No more flomax (prescription for helping urine flow) as the last cystoscopy was successful at clearing and opening the bladder and urtherea where the tumors are growing.  The urologist explained this was only a temporary answer, since the tumors will continue to grow and as the tumors invade new areas the same bleeding will occur again.
CT scan is scheduled for Friday a.m. and follow-up with oncologist will be sometime next week.  Until then we will enjoy the beautiful weather, will try to work in the garden (my right knee is messed up, fills like someone sneaked in and put a brick in there looks like I'll be tripping to the doctor), throw the frisbee for the dog (who waits anxiously by the driver's door of my car everytime I get ready to leave) and relax and take naps as often as possible.
Love to all,
Pat