- Cry as often as you need to but look for humor everyday.
- Worry all you want but know that it won’t change a thing.
- You can be a tower of strength and still fall apart.
- You don’t always have to know the right thing to say.
- Accept that you will never be the perfect wife/partner.
- Forgive yourself for making mistakes.
- On days when you have nothing to give, know that it will be enough.
- Take care of yourself and don’t feel guilty about it.
- Give yourself permission to forget about prostate cancer for a day.
- Hate the disease but always love the man.
- Grieve what you’ve lost and celebrate what you’ve got left.
- Let go of the illusion that you can handle this alone.
- When the burden is too heavy, give it to God.
Tuesday, June 12, 2012
Bill of Rights for wives and partners
From the "His Prostate Cancer" website- Bill of rights for wives and partners